Monday, June 25, 2012

Balloon Party

We celebrated Levi's second birthday {last month} with a balloon theme party.  The boy cannot get enough of balloons.  Or anything round shaped {like my globes} that maybe could be a balloon.
So Cait & I worked together to throw him a party with a lot of balloons and globes...and vintage touches because the two of us just can't seem to throw a party without that element {plus we own a lot of vintage items so that makes decorating that much easier}.
This has been one of my favorite parties to throw {or do I say that about all of them?} - maybe because I too love balloons and globes.  :)  And I cannot thank Cait enough for everything that she did for this party - because it was a lot.  Not to mention, being the photographer!  So thanks again Cait - we make a great party-throwing team!  You can see more photos on Cait's blog here.
























































// I made the invitations on my computer and hand-stitched the balloons on. // The amazing felt circle bunting was made by Cait.  She used this tutorial as a guide.  The table was borrowed from Cait's former boss - we both wanted to keep it!  Thanks Jeremy! // The large wooden "L" is from Michaels.  The small round globes {that are sitting on egg cups} are also from Michaels {dollar bins!}. // Cait made the map paper wheels {paper rosettes?} that were on the tables and also on our mason jars that we used for drinks {we were majorly inspired by this dessert station}. //  The vintage suitcases were borrowed from my mom & dad - thanks m&d! // I made the happy birthday banner from vintage book pages & a stencil.  They were laminated to make them a little more sturdy. // I made the hot air balloon suckers using white chocolate and a mold from Amazon {similar to this one}. // I did not mean for the cake to have a pink layer - my food coloring lids got switched - it was supposed to be peach!  The polkadot plates & napkins were from Target. // My niece, Tori, made the incredible meringue puffs - so yummy & pretty!  Thanks Tor! // I made number "2" sugar cookies and white chocolate crunch mix - recipe coming soon. // The large round balloons were from BalloonsFast. // The globes are all from my collection. // The polkadot cupcake liners, straws and the balloon cupcake toppers are all from Hey Yo Yo {love this shop!}. //  The wooden silverware is from The Webstaurant Store and was hand painted by my Michael...thanks love! // Our menu {appetizers & desserts}: pigs-in-a-blanket, rye boat bread dip, artichoke bread, creamy salsa dip, veggie pizza, ham & pickle roll-ups, mexican layer dip, fruit, buffalo chicken dip.  Thanks to all my wonderful family for bringing a dish!! // My sweet little niece Fabienne in her vintage balloon shirt - from Mooies. // Cait hand made balloon shirts for all the boys as well as her balloon dress!!  I know you're impressed.  My mama & I were sort of twinsies in our vintage dresses & matchy belts. :) // Cait also made all the paper hot air balloons, using this tutorial as a guide. // I just loved that photo of Levi with his great-grandma.  And cousin Tate gifted Levi a bubble-gun which the boys love. // 


Happiest second birthday to my sweet little baby Levi!  


9 comments:

  1. Super cute party, Mand & Cait!! I love the pic of Levi covering his face, and of him with Gram. Great work, Ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I add to that: I also really like the one of the boys excited over the cake, them with Cait, and Mom w/ Fabs & Mom and you. Really great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gingy-bean! Glad we can share parties with you over the internet - photos & skype you in when possible. And even more glad that you got to be here for Linc's party! :)

      Delete
  3. i love this. so much. y'all are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! We have fun doing this!

      Delete
  4. wow. wow. wow. awesome party. you do such a nice job. we still need to throw our pinterest party...maybe we should throw a "just because" party where people can watch the babies and we can eat pretty food, etc...

    p.s. my co-worker saw these pics and was like... "she's a goddess." lol - you have an admirer :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing! you throw the best parties! oliver's 2nd birthday was balloon theme too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE CRAZY.
    manda.
    how do you do it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you guys seriously throw the best parties! love the balloon theme! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...