Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Style :: Yet Another Vintage House Dress

Shew...I made it through last week.  It was so out of control busy I thought I might lose my mind.  And now I've just got about a month left of this craziness and I can crash.  {Does a mama of three little boys ever get to crash?  Doubt it - but I like to pretend that if I can push myself and make it through, I'll get days of just lounging around with nothing to do...ha!}

One of my favorite days of the week is Monday.  I know - not a normal favorite day for most.  Monday is my "work" day - I'm out of the house for most of the day, hanging out with adults.  Since I only have to do this one day a week, it's enjoyable.  My favorite part of the day though is getting a lunch date with my love.  He's usually working at the church on Mondays so we get to eat lunch together.  Alone.  With no kids yelling, with no food to cut into tiny little pieces, with no little pieces of food flinging through the air.  And sometimes on these lunch dates I make Mike take pictures of me.  What could be more fun, right love?
I got this lovely little vintage house dress at Goodwill on our Girls Getaway weekend!  And I just absolutely love it - it's quickly become one of my favorites.  I love the colors and print.  And with a pocket and buttons and a $1.50 price tag, what's not to love?!






Dress: vintage, thrifted
Sweater: vintage, thrifted
Belt: Target
Bag: vintage, Calista Miakoda
Shoes: thrifted
Necklace: gift from Cait
Wood Owl Earrings: made by my love



pleated poppy

10 comments:

  1. This outfit is so lovely! Perfect for a Monday! And I'm jealous of the dress (and the price you paid for it!! score!)
    New follower! Found you through the WIWW linkup over at The Pleated Poppy!
    Have a great day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I love the color of the thrifted cardigan too! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute dress! vintage is so in and love the print on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John has actually said on more than one occasion that he wants to switch and work Mondays because people always brag to him about the treats Manda brings in on Mondays and there are never any leftovers by the time he gets in on Tuesday... haha.

    Maybe I need to find some house dresses, they would be perfect for nursing a newborn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy - I always think how perfect these dresses would have been a few years ago when I was nursing the boys!! Buttons & zippers down the front - perfect {although on this dress they are actually faux buttons}. {And will I ever stop thinking that way?! Sometimes I think it's weird to think about nursing convenience when I'm not even nursing!}

      Delete
  5. stopping by from the pleated poppy... i LOVE this dress, such a great thrift find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in LOVE with this outfit. The colors are perfect together.
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I just found you on the link-up at www.thepleatedpoppy.com but I already follow you!!!!!!!! :)
    I love thrifting so you are an inspiration for my girls and me, keep up the good work!! pippa
    www.shopwithpippa.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice photos by dad!
    super cute dress.
    best bag ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your "house dress" is very sweet and pretty! Boys have lots of energy, don't they?? I've got 2. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...