Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lincoln's Vintage Style: Flannel Shirt

As Lincoln gets older, it's getting harder & harder to find vintage clothes for him out on my thrifting trips. Maybe the older boys just wore out their clothes and they weren't worth keeping?? Months ago I happened to find quite a few long sleeves shirts in his size and I was so excited. I love this little vintage flannel button up. The sandals are from an estate sale and I think they are so cute - they seem to be pretty old. But I don't think I'll be able to get Lincoln to put them on again because the bottoms are very slippery and he fell while walking out the door. Eek!
Linc is such a great model. He wasn't very excited about doing the shoot - but he did it and would sit & look wherever I told him. Such a nice change from my other two won't-sit-still-for-a-minute boys. I love this kid so much...ahhh - kindergarten please don't come! {Feeling panicky about sending him next week!}











Isn't that chair the best? I found it a year ago or so in my Grammie's basement. It was broken and she had it in a pile of stuff they were throwing out so I rescued it and Mike fixed it up. I have a thing for old kid's chairs.

flannel shirt: vintage thrifted | tee shirt: thrifted | shorts: old navy thrifted | sandals: from an amazing estate sale | cute chair: grammie

Linking up with Little Vintage Style and Small Style...

{how about a vote for this vintage kiddo? two clicks}

12 comments:

  1. He is so handsome. I love flannel shirts. :) Good luck with starting kindergarten. My oldest girl started last week. Time really does pass so quickly, doesn't it?
    ~ Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, awesome chair! And what a good boy for posing for you- my 5 y.o. would probably only give me one good pose before quitting on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your boy looks so sweet in his vintage flannel

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie and a great photo shoot.
    Those sandals look exactly like my school sandals from when I was a kid in the mid seventies. We called them jaycees. So many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucky! i never find boy vintage clothing....i was assume its because they are so hard on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love his vintage style... and his name! It's still on my list of 'maybes' if we ever have another boy!
    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is an amazing model! Such a handsome little guy and I love the photos- great outfit and set up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet boy. Shoot I'm panicky about sending my guy to kinder and he is only 2 1/2!! Good luck Momma. BTW I love the name Lincoln!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable pictures...I love his sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its so nice to see vintage things on little boys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so sweet, love the look. and good luck with kindergarten, to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...