Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Playing a little catch up with some posts. I never posted any of the yummy goodness we ate on Superbowlfood Sunday.


Our Menu:

Appetizers:

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Southwestern Egg Rolls
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Queso Blanco Dip
Cocktail Meatballs
Guacamole
Pizza

Desserts:

Pecan Pie Bars
Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Treats
Salted Caramel Brownies
Mini Cappuccino Cheesecakes

Do I dare confess that there were only 6 of us at this (well, 7 actually, but Miss Fabs only wanted milk)? Yea, that's a bit much with the food. But too much of a good thing? No way. The reason I look forward to the Superbowl is for the yummy snacks we can make. In fact, it's the only reason I host a party every year (or in this case, make my baby sis host a party). Football-schmootball.
One of my favorite appetizers was the jalapeno popper dip. This was the first time any of us had this. I love the poppers you can get at restaurants or even in the freezer section at the grocery store. This dip tasted just like that!


Do you like the bread? It's Steelers bread!! I couldn't believe it when I saw it in the grocery store down in PA. They are some serious fans down there!

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Ingredients
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeno peppers, drained*
1/2 cup shredded Mexican style cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an oven safe serving dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth (make sure your cream cheese really is softened and you won't have a problem with this). Stir in green chilies, jalapeno peppers, and shredded cheeses. Spoon this mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl, mix together the Panko and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle it over the cream cheese mixture. Spray the Panko and parmesan with a quick spray of cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is lightly browned.
Serve with bread, crackers, or anything else you like to dip!

*We did not use canned; we diced one jalapeno pepper and used that. I thought it definitely could have used one or two more peppers - there wasn't enough heat for me.

3 comments:

  1. I have a recipe for a jalapeno popper dip that I LOVE! It is so delicious and a hit every time I take it to a gathering.

    <3jenna(saurus)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, SO yummy! and i totally want some salted caramel brownies. like now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok guys, I want to come to this party, the menu is SWEET!!!!!!! Im curious about the salted caramel brownies, GOT to have the recipe!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...