Monday, January 17, 2011

Randomness

Hooray for surprise visits from family. Craigie came home this past weekend and didn't tell anyone (except for dad). I was sitting in the living room with Linc and Cait when Linc said he heard someone at the door. I looked out and there was Uncle Craigie standing at the door!! We love having him around...he is so funny.

--

Yesterday we took the boys sledding at the county park. They have quite a big hill there and the snow was packed down pretty good from all the sledders. We hiked up to the top and were standing around trying to decide who was going down in what sleds. (I was trying to convince everyone we needed to go down the hill a bit more for our starting point). Craig was with Linc and asked him if he wanted to go down by himself and Linc said yes, so Craig pushed him off. I about threw up as I watched my baby go racing down the icy hill by himself. Hitting jumps. By himself. Speeding. Iciness. Trees lining the hill the whole way down. Thankfully, Linc made it to the bottom safely and in one piece; and still on the sled. Turns out, all my worrying was for naught. He came back up the hill and wanted to do it again! He also told us he just holds on tight and laughs. Haa! Gotta love him! Racing down icy hills = superb fun. Seeing a cute, fluffy puppy = frightening.

--

I got to drink my entire cup of coffee in one sitting this morning! I'm not sure that has ever happened before.

--

When I looked at our thermometer this morning it said it was -1 outside! And tomorrow it's supposed to be warm enough to rain??

--

Levi has not been sleeping through the night for the last week. Miserable. He wakes up 3-4 times a night and wants to be up. For hours. We are sooo exhausted. The other night we went to bed at 8:00; and we were still tired the next day. My mom kept Levi overnight for us on Saturday so we could get some sleep. He slept through the night for her. Last night he was home and up again in the night. Sweet. He is so moving in with my mom.

--

Lincoln wet the bed for the first time ever last night. (It's pretty amazing that he never has before - he's 4 1/2). Not sure what the deal was. Thought I should document this for the "baby book".

--

My face has been breaking out like a 13-year-old's. Cool.

--

Must go change a diaper - gagging on the poop smell permeating the room.

3 comments:

  1. maybe your mom will take elliott, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute/fun/funny updates - thanks!

    verification word: dompole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian wets the bed when he's going through a growth spurt. :(

    And I would totally freak if Chris pushed Ian down a hill by himself, too. (And he would!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...