Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Fan


I found this sweet vintage fan at an estate sale last summer. For five bucks. Five bucks! I love estate sales! My step-daughter is an estate sale queen. She finds the best ones; gets the most amazing things at the best prices. (And she can do an estate sale for ya too if you're looking to sell off your household items!).

Anyhow, I'd been wanting a fan like this for a long time. My husband has to sleep with a fan on every night. And now I do too. It takes me at least a half hour to fall asleep every night (unlike my Michael who falls asleep within 2 seconds of laying down). If I don't have a fan on? Sleep is just an elusive dream. Every little noise keeps me awake. What was that? Is that a mouse? Is my nose whistling when I breathe? What was that? That is definitely someone breaking into the house. Should I wake Mike up? What do we have in the room to fight this burglar off with? Which kid should I rescue first? Oh, that was just Cait coming home. See why I need a fan. I was super excited to find this cute vintage one. Now if only I would take the time to switch out my old fan and start using this one...

4 comments:

  1. haha. i can relate so much to this post. jer falls asleep sooooooo fast it amazes me. even when i'm super tired it takes me a long time. you're a blog posting queen these days and i love it!! btw - cute fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i forgot to add about my thoughts when i hear noises at night...i usually think of elaborate hiding places (when jer's not home) and what furniture i could move in front of the bedroom door and which window could i escape from with a baby in my arms...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa...Victoria that is great that you think about those things too!! I'm glad I'm not the only one! And I always think about if I'm hiding with the kids, how I'm going to keep them all quiet!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes! i was like, wait... what is the estate sale thing linked to? sometimes i forget i have a website. thanks mand :)
    and niceee fan of course.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...