Thursday, December 30, 2010

vintage baby shower

Finally, finally getting around to posting the pictures from the vintage baby shower Cait and I threw for Marla and Fabienne. (As promised! And at least I got it in before the new year, right?! To hear the drama from that day, read this post.)

(For my technology-challenged friends, if you click on the images, they should open up bigger in a new window)



Our sweet little guest of honor, Fabienne Joy!




Appetizers. Menu included:
Rye Boat Dip
Cheese & Crackers
Veggie Pizza
Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips
Veggies with Dill Dip
Hummus & Pita Chips
Spinach & Artichoke Dip
Baby Animal Crackers (so cute!)




Desserts:
Vanilla vanilla cupcakes
Clothesline Cake (I made the cake, Cait made the super cute clothesline)
Cream Wafers
Peanut Butter Cookies
Rice Krispie Treats


These are the most amazing little cookies!




We made a couple of banners from pages from old children's books.


Lemonade served in baby bottles with paper straws (so love these)!




We used a mismatch of assorted china (gathered from our collection, my mom's, and Marla's). Sweet little flower arrangements were done by my mom.


Most of the clothing and assorted decorations were from Cait. She has the most amazing vintage things!!






Marla got lots of sweet little vintage dresses for Miss Fabs to wear! I cannot wait to play dress up with her!


Cherie and her sweet little baby girl, Emma, born four days before Fabs (I think?)! They even wore similar outfits without planning it!!


Favors were inspired by these fabric pouches. Cait sewed them all up and I made sugar cookies to put inside. (My writing looks like a 5 year old's on that chalkboard - I hate it!!)


We had a photobooth set up and Cait loaded up this cute bassinet with fun things to wear for the pics!


We had a hard time getting the girls to join in on the photobooth (Hence so many pictures of me, Cait and my mom!). Some of the guys dropped in after band practice and we got a couple of them to pose for us!

We had so much fun planning and throwing this shower! Maybe Cait & I will be starting a business...(if we could only get a venue, money, and a nanny!)

xoxo Marla and our sweet Fabs

6 comments:

  1. is it so?! finally! very nice very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Manda!! definitely think about doing it professionally!
    Happy New Year!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. you girls are outta-control-amazing! best.shower.ever. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm planning a shower soon and I LOVE the idea of using baby bottles for guest drinks. But I can't seem to find where to buy them in bulk- clear baby bottles.. where can I find them???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica. I had trouble finding any of the clear baby bottles in bulk too. I ended up getting these from Target, last fall. Not sure if they would still carry them or not. They were bought individually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the help Manda! I just started searching for "glass" bottles instead of plastic and I'm finding much more online! I guess maybe I couldn't find much plastic one since the issue with plastic bottles.. thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...