Wednesday, November 24, 2010

confession

I have an addiction to the world wide web. And to Mr. Google.

Somehow, during the wee hours of Monday morning, our cable line got ripped off of our house and ripped off the power line. Mike’s guess is that the line started sagging too low over the road and a semi went by and snagged it and ripped it down. I think it’s a good guess. (We did hear a loud noise that startled us awake early Monday morning – we thought it was Malacai throwing toys out of his crib). Which meant no internet Monday morning. Or afternoon. Or evening. Or all day Tuesday. Noooooo!!! It was brutal. All day Monday I had to contain myself from making harassing phone calls to the cable company. By Tuesday I had been lulled into a numb shock. I would constantly have the thought, “oh, I’ll just look that up & Mr. Google will give me the answer”, only to realize, he was gone!! Ah, dear Internet, what have you done to us all?

(And in case you’re wondering, I did not miss the TV at all. If it had been Wednesday night, it may have been a different story, but I felt no pangs of loss over no television. And we don’t have cable, cable TV. Just basic cable - like 5 channels. Just in case you were wondering about that too).

(Also – did we or did we not have a substitute gym teacher named Mr. Google in high school?? Or did we just call him that? Or am I totally making this up? Please, someone tell me!)

4 comments:

  1. Yes we sure did! And wasn't he somehow connected to the ice rink too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmigosh. Mr. Goggle. I think I can picture him.
    Dodgeball and the ice rink, you're right Laur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haa. Yes! Good to know I'm not making things up. And I do remember him being at the ice rink too. He managed it or something??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr Google was so nice. I think everyone that knows him likes him. I could never figure out why RMS had the _____ PE teacher they did when Mr Google was a sub. He let me ice skate free sometimes when I went to the noon skate. That is/was one of Batavia's best kept secrets. LS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...